Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Good amount of progress today: Titanic Dress

Today I got the sleeves done, including lining them and adding a black cuff ,although I did catch some fabric of one sleeve while I was sewing so now there's what amounts to a scratch on the fabric there, but I can go back after the event and switch out the sleeve - I am just focusing on not being naked at the moment.  I also got the sash made, although I think I will add some length to it so it does a cool fold over thing in the back, and I got the bias binding made for the collar area and pinned it on to make sure that it is right, and it is. What that amounts to is that I have a picture that looks more like my finished dress will:

If you can look past the pins, you can see what it will be like when it is done. It's funny how a few small things at the end bring the dress from "uhhhh, I hope that turns out ok" to "oh phwew, that looks pretty good!"

I can imagine this dress with a HUUUUUUUGE hat with feathers sticking out everywhere at a tea somewhere so maybe at some point I will make that!

Anyway, to keep with the trend, here's what I still need to do:
Extend and attach sash
Attach trim
Hem skirt
Add hook and eye tape closures

Tomorrow I hope to do at least the first two, but I have a birthday dinner for a friend to attend, so I will be more than happy if that actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment